There are no confirmed cases of Coronavirus on the Azores so far and the archipelago remains open for flights, with things continuing as normal. Contingency plans have been announced and one report even goes as far as saying that the Azores is one of the safest destinations to go on holiday.
Our plan at the moment is to run the expedition as planned, but please note the following:
- If you are planning to use hand sanitiser or a face mask, please bring your own
- If you are showing any symptoms, do not come on the expedition
- If you have been to a risk area within the last month, do not come on the expedition
- If you belong to a group at high risk of serious illness from COVID-19 (the illness caused by coronavirus), then you may want to consider staying at home too
- Make sure you have adequate health insurance cover (EU citizens should carry their EU health insurance card)
- On the expedition, we will brief everyone on risks and behaviours during the expedition, and follow accepted guidelines
Obviously the situation is quite fluid at the moment. We will keep everyone informed.