From our volunteer vacation / conservation holiday protecting whales, dolphins and turtles around the Azores archipelago

Greetings from São Miguel!

Due to bad weather in the Azores yesterday my flight to Horta was cancelled and I was flown to a neighbouring island. I am currently in the airport waiting to hear if my flight this morning is going ahead.  My preparation plans are now delayed somewhat, but I will do my utmost to have everything ready for your arrival tomorrow.

That said,  this situation may also affect some of your travel plans as the weather forecast for the next couple of days is quite bad , so I just wanted to reassure you that if this is the case, please don’t worry, we will adapt the programme accordingly.

That plane says “Breathe” on it. Indeed 😉

As I do not yet have access to my local phone, if you are experiencing difficulty and would like to contact me, please use my UK number +44 7816 134 364 or alternatively contact Lisa Steiner our scientist in Horta on +351 929 129 515.

As with all expeditions, there are elements that are completely out of our control, weather being a prime example. All we can do in these situations is go with the flow.

I wish you all safe travels and smooth connections. Oh, and if you get there before me, put the kettle on ; )

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: